25 June 2008

Here's one I made earlier!!!

Well, actually something I made yesterday evening!!!
I'm not sure I like it or will bother with it again but I suppose it's different!!!
I went back to playing with sequins and might stick to that for another few days - until I've worked it out of my system!!! I'm not that happy with the first round and may play with that to make fewer split rings if possible.
Back to what I did ages ago - or should that be years ago!!! I went through this phase once before but hope I can now improve on it!!!! Well, where there's life there's hope, I guess. Wonder who said that? Well apart from me!!!!!


7 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm amazed at the way you take a simple sequin and make it look so special! I'm afraid to go looking for sequins to try this... my sewing room might become cluttered again!

Marty said...

I really like this one! It looks like something that needs beads and a bangle to hang in the window. :)

Unknown said...

What a fun design. Lot's of fun techniques in there.

Jane Eborall said...

Yes, Marty that's what it was supposed to be - something to put in a bangle and dangle. BUT it turned out too big!! The 'arms' have to be long enough to allow the outer parts to 'float' without overlapping each other and thus it got a tad too large!! Still, who knows what will happen this evening!!!!!
Jane

Jeff Hamilton said...

I think it looks great. You know, maybe it's the bangles that are too small, not the other way around. I don't know about the UK, but here I have seen rings (I think they are used for Dream Catchers) up to 9 inches in diameter in various craft and dollar stores. Perhaps something similar would work.

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, Jeff. I have some larger bangles in my stash somewhere but I've given up on that one for now!!! If you see today's post you'll find I'm going to do another one or two designs so I can use more BEADS!!!!!
I love my beads!!!!
Jane

Gina said...

Jane, I really like this design as well as the colors. I would probably do something a little different with the center but I'd leave everything else as is.

;-) Gina

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.