15 October 2008

Yesterday's adventure

As I'm not showing any tatting at the moment (I'm doing plenty but it's been 'assigned') I thought I'd ramble on a bit about the exciting life I lead. So here's all about yesterday's adventure.

In the UK we now have subsidised public transport for 'old gits' like we are now. So we've both got bus passes. We can travel anywhere within our county after nine thirty in the morning for free with these passes. We've got a car and both drive so normally would go either 'on the hoof' (on foot) or in the car.

Yesterday we caught a bus at the end of the road and went to a town eight miles away. We wandered round and found a 'real' pub. Not one that had been modernised but one that had been left alone for ever. We had lunch there, wandered round the town and caught the bus back. Unfortunately we made a bad decision and came back on the top of a double decker and as it went round a lot of the small villages we suffered from sea sickness by the time we got home!!!!

So, that's what we call an exciting day!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I hope to have some tatting to show!!

6 comments:

connie said...

I've been to England only once and I really wish to return someday. My grandfather was from England. Your little story made me wistful. One of my favorite toys of my youth (in the dark ages) was a model double decker bus. Both my father and grandfather were bus drivers and I thank you for the little trip back in time.
Connie

Jane Eborall said...

Where did your grandfather come from? That was a really rickety ride the other day!!!

connie said...

Unfortunately I have no one left to ask. Something on Avon but I'm pretty sure that doesn't narrow it down alot and I probably don't even have that right. Now you have me thinking maybe my aunt knows where his family is, I'm going to have to write and ask her?
Connie

Jane Eborall said...

Ooooh, wouldn't it be amazing if it was the 'something on Avon' where I live? There are lots and lots of 'on Avon' places in the UK but it could be mine!!!

connie said...

ROTFL
Jane maybe we're related!
This won't narrow it down much.
My grandfather's name is John O'Connor. Most of Ireland and part of England are named O'Connor.
So you see my difficulty.
Connie

Jane Eborall said...

Ah, I do see the problem now!! Perhaps the on Avon would also be a problem too!!! SO many of those tooooo!!! Not so many Eboralls though!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.