2 November 2009

Fascinating stuff


This is a really seriously weird way to tat - with no pattern and no real 'direction' except a 'straightish' line!!!

I think I might have to take an evening 'off' soon as it's not as easy as it looks.  Making decisions about which way to go next and how to get there.  Sounds like my life in general and I try not to be forced to make those sorts of decisions EVER!!!

I just hope that Nicole is pleased with it.  In a strange sort of way I'm learning from doing it but I'm very, very glad I've got a few years tatting experience to use!!!  There's only been one 'tie and cut' so far as I'm trying to make it flow from one part to the other.

For those curious as to what Nicole is going to do with this - I believe she's inserting it between two seams in a garment.  I'll be able to show you the completed item when she's finished it - I hope.

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Randomness is extremely difficult to achieve. Therapeutic musicians sometimes have occasion to play music with no regular beat; they all say that it's much harder than playing with a beat. This seems like a similar challenge. Humans like rhythm and regularity, so when tatting something that's supposed to be "random" it can be hard not to, say, space your wider parts evenly or make them almost the same length. I don't know if I could do it. I'll be interested to see how this turns out.

Sally Kerson said...

It looks like one of my attempts at a pattern gone wrong!!! I try and create a new design and it goes off at strange angles. I think its great just tatting and not worrying about what it looks like or being nagged to write the pattern down!!!!!

Ridgewoman said...

I'd still be concerned about what it looked like when I finished.
Speaking of finished. fini the leaves around the rosette and THEN DISCOVERED, I mithed a picot...wahhhhhhh
However, can now use printer with Mac; scanning is next!
We can't be stopped mate ~ on a roll..... XX P

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

It's um...lovely! What ever it is? Wonder what your client will do with the piece? I hope she show you the finished product. I'm interested in how it will all turn out.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.