1 December 2009

Problem solved!!

This isn't totally about tatting today but for me it is 'related'.

I belong to quite a few yahoo groups which are tatting related.  I'm really nosey and like to know what's going on in 'tat land' but rarely have a lot to say, believe it or not!!!!

I also use the yahoo calendar which I've got set up to remind me 24 hours and 12 hours before an event that it is 'about to happen'.  I have reminders for when to return library books, collect 'pills and potions' from the vets (sorry, mean doctor), birthdays, appointments etc.  This is fine BUT there were also reminders from all the groups on my PERSONAL callendar which really annoyed me.  For several years and on many occasions I've tried to find out how to 'get rid of' these annoying 'other' reminders!!!  I nearly left one group because of them!!!

In the end after poking around and around the yahoo help files etc I emailed them for help.  I had a very quick reply (overnight, in fact) and they told me exactly what to do.  It was SO easy that I now feel a total plonker.  Here's their solution for anybody who may have had the same problem as me.

If you would like to disable the Group Time Guide, please follow the steps below in your Yahoo! Mail account:
1. Click the "Calendar Options" link in the lower right corner of the Calendar page.
2. Click on the "Time Guides" link.
3. Uncheck the three (3) boxes next to the Group that you do not want displayed.
4. Then click the "Save" button.

2 comments:

Marty said...

Hey, thanks Jane!! This is good to know -- it's especially good when someone hands out a tip on a silver platter. I love getting information with no effort on my part. :)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Marty. Have a good day.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.