13 May 2010

Pigs galore!!!!

As I've mentioned before (I think!) I've been invited to participate in a medieval fair in the town next month.  

I've never been to one of these things before to demonstrate and certainly never to sell things.  The lady who contacted me said I could sell things and that they'd like a 10% contribution on sales to give to a charity.  Not sure which charity but I hope to find out in due course.  

This was the reason for designing the earrings (Winsome ones), the button flower AND a.n.other which I'll tell you about in a few days time.

The patterns for the button, earrings and mystery will soon be ready to put on the web page.  I work on drawings etc during the daytime but life here has been hectic just lately so I've not quite finished!
Anyway, I wanted a break from making the aforementioned and decided to make pigs!!!  These aren't the flying ones - just walking ones!!!!

13 comments:

Typstatting said...

They are soooooo cute!

Nancy G said...

OMG! How cute is this!!!

Bonnie said...

I like them! I think the pattern must be from the same time frame as the elephant one I used a couple of months ago.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your pigs are so cute! Years ago my mom kept a pig in her kitchen to remind her that she had a Problem with Instant Gratification! It was supposed to keep her out of the refrigerator! I sure hope these pigs don't keep anyone from buying tatting thread!

sewmuchfun4 said...

What cute little oinkers! They would be perfect for a teacher at my daughter's school who collects all things pig!
:) Ann

Gina said...

The Faire isn't til next month? Acckkk! My coworker/friend & his wife are winging their way to the UK today & will be visiting your town. I told them to look for you at the event. LOL! Well, if you see a tall balding white haired very inquisitive gentleman and his very nice wife wandering around this coming week, it's probably them. His name is Ed and he knows what tatting is!

deanna7trees said...

They are so cute and look very mischievous.

Margie said...

These are sooooo cute and I can think of a couple of people who need one. Do you have a pattern? I checked your pattern page, but knowing me probably missed it!! Thanks

Fox said...

Paragons of Porker Perfection!
Fox : )

Nikki said...

These are the cutest little piggies I have ever seen!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Love the pigs. I have made several of the flying pigs.
Elizabeth
Mobile, Al.

Maureen said...

Hey dig-a-dig, cook a little pig......(sorry)!

After reading Gina's comment, I'm having scary visions of you accosting strange white-haired men in the street!

Valerie said...

i love these pigs. i tatted 2 some time back and both got 'stolen' almost immediately! now i need to tat some pigs.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.