2 October 2010

I thought I'd do an experiment!!!

With all these absolutely fantastic HDT's (which, by the way, can't be put away as I keep 'needing' them) I simply HAD to experiment.
 
I decided that I'd do the Flurry in all sizes starting with 20, then 30, followed by 40, 50 and 60.  Not a problem and a fantastic relaxing way to spend several evenings.

You'll see by the scans that I used a contrasting thread as usual.  The reason that each snowflake had to have a different contrast was because I've only ever found 20, 40 and 60/80 easily available over the years.  There's always been a bit of 30 and 50 around but not always very much choice until recently.  Well, not for me down my 'neck of the woods'!!!!

So I present - a mass of Flurry Snowflakes!!!  I still need to make more as they're my Christmas giveaways but am slowly learning that if I start too soon then I give so many away before Christmas that I need more and more and more!!!!  Keeps me quiet, though. 

Oh, more surprises on Monday - I hope!!!

7 comments:

Typstatting said...

Love your Flurries and you must have quite a few by now?

God's Kid said...

Wow! Those look great! :)

Cindy said...

Thank you - I love seeing the comparison of different sized thread using the same motif. It doesn't seem like there is much difference from size 20 to size 30, and then from 30 to 40 and 40 to 60, but from 20 to 60 is significant. Such a pretty pattern, too!

Krystle said...

I just love the colorful flurries you create :-)

Fox said...

I have to try this pattern as the motifs are so cute! I am still working on the Flowery SCMR Bookmark...have been working on it to show you I DO tat your inspiring patterns!
Fox : )

Marilee Rockley said...

These are wonderful! They look like "very late autumn, first snow of the season" snowflakes :-)
I really like that pattern.

Jane Eborall said...

And I love your HDT with which they were made!!!! Thanks to very generous online friends.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.