5 November 2010

Look what arrived yesterday!!!

Thank you SO much Ann - I'm thrilled to bits, lass.  I know I'm a bit of a plonker at times but it's good to know people seem to like that!!!!!  Poor Nick tolerates it - he has to live with it 24/7 unless he throws me out with the dish water!!!

I now need to load it up with my pop a bobbin shuttles and my ongoing project and put it in my 'just going out' place.  Do you have a 'just going out' place?  I've got two.  One is the top of the bookshelf in the hall where I keep my itouch, sunglasses (that's a joke at this time of the year in this place!) and my 'on the go' tatting project. 

On the FLOOR in the hall I 'file' packets to post from sales in the Etsy shop or other 'things'.  Oh, things like bits and bobs to go to the charity shop.  Why?  Because if I didn't put them there I'd forget!!!!  We usually go in and out of the front door so anything 'on the way' to the front door gets 'seen' and dealt with!!!!

One thing I've learnt over the past few years is that all my friends in America are just SO lucky when it comes to craft supplies and particularly fabrics - pretty, pretty ones. Here are the fabrics that Ann put into the packet along with the press.  I will certainly be making a bag set or two with these next Spring.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That material sure is pretty, Jane!!

Hmmm.... my 'just going out' place...Guess I don't really have one (or maybe I do).

I keep my travel case in my purse as I never know when I might get to pull it out for a few stolen moments of tatting!
Based on the above statement - you can see that I must have a few WIPs!! I'm sure I'll eventually get them all done LOL

Margarets designer cards said...

Hi Jane,
Lovely material, its amazing those in America dont realise how lucky they are, they have such lovely things. I have a penfriend who up to recently was stationed in the Pentagon. She used to write letters to me on white Pentagon paper, my English friend also had an American penfriend said what lovely paper she used to get letters written on, I said I only get plain white....... her reply is that I should be lucky to not everyone gets pentagon paper. I don't know why but we can't get half the things they have in America even their thread is better than we get. Can someone please tell me why?
I hope you enjoy sewing on those beautiful materials in the spring. Margaret

Sally Kerson said...

That purple material is gorgeous. Can't wait until next Spring when the sewing machine comes out. Yes they are so lucky in the USA being able to buy so many lovely material and threads.

sewmuchfun4 said...

Hi Jane!
I'm REALLY glad you like them. I guess I shouldn't take my local quilt shops forgranted - MUST VISIT THEM MORE OFTEN! :)

Seriously though, it is very perplexing - the world becomes smaller every day - why wouldn't these companies market overseas?

:) Ann

Maureen said...

The fabrics are gorgeous - but you have forgotten to shoe a picture of the press! What is a press used for? - I must have missed that discussion.

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Maureen, I put a link to the press on Ann's blog as she took such a good picture of it and I knew I couldn't have bettered it!!!!

Maureen said...

Must remind myself to read properly! - thank you, I was in too much of a hurry .

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.