11 March 2011

Do I feel an addiction coming on?

I think I do!!!!

I'm now into colour with the OctoStarFlake!!!  This might be a simple pattern (rings and chains with a Hmmmm in the middle!!!) but it's BEAD HUNGRY!!!  Fortunately most of them are on very long beaded picots so don't have to be added to either the ball or shuttle thread.  I SO love this way of adding beads.  Makes for little or no planning which suits me just fine!!!  I'm lazy!!!

So what I save in outlay on magnets (only one per brooch) I'm spending on beads (and the metal inners - aka late and now dead earrings)!!!  I LOVE shopping for beads so any excuse is one I'm glad to follow.
I wore one of the pale coloured flakes yesterday - under my coat and whilst shopping just to 'test it'.  It didn't move at all so I can now start listing these in my Etsy shop.  IF I can bear to part with them, of course!!!  More to come in due course!!!


Watch this space - no, not this one but the one between my ears where brain cell # 3 lives!!!

12 comments:

IsDihara said...

Oh Jane, these are exquisite! Love the color!

If those mystifying (I am forcing myself NOT to jump out of bed to go try my theory) bead-picots don't inspire every tatter as much as they inspire me, I'll be a monkey's uncle. (Why am I suddenly hungry for a banana?) ツ

Sally Kerson said...

They are fabulous, can't wait to play with mine after the butterflies!!!

Margarets designer cards said...

Lazy Jane, you never, how can you say you are lazy, you are always designing and tatting.
Lovely colours and broches, I think this is going to be addidtion.
Margaret

Sharren - Tatting in Greenwood, South Carolina said...

Very pretty! Love the colors!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

These are so pretty, Jane! Maybe I should have waited a week... nah! I love my brooch and will be wearing it today. Thank you!

JB said...

Those are lovely. Your brain cell#3 is amazing. When sleeping, do you also dream of new designs and techniques?

Sunela said...

Oh Jane.....these are absolutely beautiful. Your brain cells are definitely stimulated now.

Fox said...

*swoon*
♥ Fox : ))

God's Kid said...

Those are sooooooooo awesome!!! :)

Tatenup said...

Oh, Jane, they are georgous!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Spectacular! I LOVE the colors! Isn't it amazing how the earring pieces are perfect for attaching the thread in the center 'spokes', adding even more color to the brooch. Do they have more of those earrings at the store? Better yet, where could you obtain those pieces?

There is just no end to your ideas!

Jane Eborall said...

Hi Kathy. Both Sally and I have been to the Asda stores near us and I've 'stripped' ours of all their remaining pairs!!! Any small metal finding with 8 'spokes' would do. Email me privately for the dimensions.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.