21 March 2011

Playing around!!!

Last year I treated myself to an ipad.  I must admit I don't go very far without it as it contains my 'life'!!  I have apps for just about everything!!

Recently I realised that to travel over the pond I'd need something to carry it in  - but what?  Oh, yes, there are lots and lots of 'things' you can buy but I like to make my life difficult (and I like sewing too!!).

In the pictures below are two neoprene holders which the ipad fitted into  (before my scissors got to them!) with a little bit of space round it.  Wonderful but not very 'substantial'.  Well, they did come from Poundland!!  So I took them apart and then re-constructed them so that the 'two became one'.  I suppose you could call it a 'marriage made in Jane's conservatory'.  Then I set about covering them - you can see two pictures of WIP and my rather 'scruffy' Ipad case!!!  

Well, you know me - I do like 'bright' so at the bottom is the finished cover - with integral carrying strap.  Isn't that the most amazing fabric?  I don't think I'll lose it very easily!!!  Now I'm ready to go. 

WHAT?  I've got a few months to wait?  Shame!

10 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very clever! I love those cool cats!

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful, there is no way you are going to lose your Ipad, I love the pattern.
Margaret

Sharren - Tatting in Greenwood, South Carolina said...

Really cute - love the 'cool cats'!

geraldine said...

A woman after me own heart. This is just the thing i do all the time. Have a lovely beading loom made from coat hangers, springs from a car and bits of wood. Saved me a fortune over the years.
Love the fabric, very bright and cheerful.

Maureen said...

It's very pretty! Pink cats, perfect.I am impressed, my life is on bits of paper, and I refuse to carry even a mobile phone around with me! (I do have one, but it lives in a drawer for most of the time.Too intrusive.)
Tatting and an i-pad - that is an interesting mix!

Nautical Knitter said...

So, you are going across the pond? Where all are you going? Are you going to the US?

Love the bag! I made a cover for my iPad 2 and just love it. Taking stuff apart and making something new from it is like second nature to me, too.

Crazy Mom! said...

Me thinks I recognize this fabric.... Love it!

So - do you play Angry Birds on your iPad?

Valerie said...

that's a very pretty carrier for your ipad! it's good to keep you occupied so we have eye candy... hehehe

Sally Kerson said...

Very clever! The fabric is lovely, cats wearing sunglasses, just right for a holiday!

Martha said...

Ooh, love the cats!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.