17 May 2011

Back to beads!

Oh, joy of joys - I'm back to beads again.  

This is the result - a new pair of earrings in my favourite 'shouty' colours - bright pink and bright orange!!!  I scanned these before I put the hooks on and have since worn them.  I hope to make them in other colours too.  By the way - that's a chain around the beads - not a ring.

These are made in one 'hit' with no sewing in of ends or sewing on of findings and beads!!  I love this sort of tatting!!!  I must tell you one day how I join to the findings - that's if you really want to know!!!  I often see people 'adding clasps and findings' after they've made an item and that worries me in case they become 'un added' when they're worn.  I firmly believe in adding as you tat but NOT having the wretched things on the shuttle as they get in the way!!!


Those are Swarovski crystals in between the coloured beads - and at the bottom.  

10 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely colours love the beads, they make a great pair of earrings.
Margaret

Pop Lenuta Maria said...

These earrings are wonderful.Also the colors are wonderful.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your earrings are so bright and cheerful! Yes, please. I would like to learn how you join the findings. I can't wear earrings, but I could certainly use the technique for necklaces and bracelets, couldn't I?

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Great colors Jane!! This is your Winsome Drop Earrings, I love this style earring. I'd also like to learn the join to the finding. :) Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'd love to know how you join the findings, *and* how you add the big flat beads & do the whole thing with now ends to hide - my favourite type of tatting!

God's Kid said...

Such fun earrings! :)

Ladytats said...

well, for heavens sake Jane, inquiring minds want to know all things. so spill it girl.

he he. your earrings are lovely, not the colors I would wear, but I really like the shape and style.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Amazing earrings - very colorful and attractive! Please include along with the findings trick how you keep the 'disc' beads from falling out of the 'chain'! Thanks!

Jane Eborall said...

Well, Kathy with the earwigs it was simply a matter of finding out how many doubles were needed and that wasn't too hard. A spot of clear glue on the backs where the chain 'meets' the bead helps too.
I'm currently working on a bracelet which I don't want to 'twist and turn' so have found that it helps to have continuous 'surrounded' beads but join the chains (with tiny beads) to each other. I will certainly write all this down when I'm happy with it.

Crazy Mom! said...

I want those earrings. Or to at least be able to tat them.

I'm drooling. Can you feel the drool across the pond?

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.