12 December 2011

The final

First of all - does Gina S (@tampabay.rr.com) read this blog?  If so can you try emailing me on another address - every time I try to reply to your message it bounces on me!!!  I have the answers for you!!!

This is the last of these - I keep promising myself!!!

When I get a 'bee in my bonnet' I can't leave a design alone.  This one intrigued me as I wanted to use two colours in it but didn't want the 'fiddle' of cutting and tying.  So I decided to 'wing it' and this is what happened.

There's one split chain and two SSSR's with the second thread hidden in the first half.  Really, really not hard - I promise.  AND the best thing is - I've written the pattern down for myself!!  Do you think it's worth putting it on my web site?


16 comments:

Maureen said...

Gorgeous design! - are those some of your new threads?
(But I don't "do"split chains.....)

Sharren - Tatting in Greenwood, South Carolina said...

VERY pretty!!

Anonymous said...

I am voting for "yes, pleas let us try this lovely design!"

It is really pretty, and the colour combo in the last one is just great!

Miranda said...

Are you seriously asking that question? Of course it's worth posting the pattern!

Jane Eborall said...

Actually the basic pattern is here and I never really liked it!!
http://www.e.n.e.btinternet.co.uk/Snowflake2004.pdf
All I've done is taken off the SCMR and made it using the SSSR and split chain. I'm going to tackle another this evening with the SCMR and the two colours. Keep your fingers crossed! I will put the pattern together - promise!!!

Martha said...

Don't be silly, of course we want to see this pattern on your website!

rsmre said...

This is a lovely snowflake. I'm sure that everyone would love to have the pattern.
Rosemarie

IsDihara said...

Your color combinations are FAB -- I can't get enough of them! These two flakes are so pretty!

Batty Tatter said...

Yes, please post the pattern. I have mastered split rings. But I haven't tried split chains yet. Maybe some day.

Susie said...

Please, post it. I printed out the "old" version, and it would be so much nicer not to have to guess how to do the new version!

Valerie said...

I like! The colours you choose esp for the 2nd sample are pretty!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Of course, we want the pattern! These are SO attractive. It's the split chains that scare me, though!

Adrian said...

I like the mixture of solid and variegated threads. I think on its own the variegated would've looked too busy.

The solid thread frames it beautifully.

I've used short split chains in the past, but I think I'd need to re-read how to do them again, and I haven't tried a SSSR yet, so this might be the place to start!

Karen said...

Absolutely it is worth putting on your wesbite it is really pretty anbd I can feel another learning curve coming on!!

God's Kid said...

Those are so fabulous!!! :)

Marty said...

Oh, yes please, because it's beautificent!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.