10 July 2012

Fandango Bookmark


Now next weekend I'm off to a housewarming party round the corner.  This time I can't really give them a bottle of wine as the people who's party it is gave ME a bottle a couple of weeks ago!!!  SO kind of them as I'd done very little to help them in my opinion.  

Anyway, I thought about things and decided that probably they'd each like a bookmark.  Here's the first one.

This is done with two strands of HWT.  One is a sewing thread (plain) which I bought on a trip to America some years ago.  The other is a variegated (old) number 70 (or thereabouts) thread.  There's something satisfying with HWT as it gives a totally different look to 'ordinary' variegated threads.

Oh, the pattern is here.  It's the Fandango bookmark.

9 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Looks great, I hope the recipient will appreciate it!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

When I click on the picture to enlarge it, the black frame on my screen really makes the colors pop! Lovely work!

Jane Eborall said...

It's all down to the HWT, Diane. No skill attached!

Unknown said...

Lovely color in that bookmark.

Ladytats said...

very pretty bookmark Jane. I like your HWT threads.

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely, I hope they like it, Difficult to know to give people these days,

Margaret

God's Kid said...

That looks so amazing in those colors!!! :)

Sally Kerson said...

Really pretty and much better than a bottle of wine that is gone and forgotten in no time. Well it is in this house!

Unknown said...

WOW!!!!

Luv Jane XX

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.