9 July 2012

I can't resist earrings!


I know some of  you are going to groan when you see another pair (nearly finished) like these but there are two reasons for making another reddish pair.  Well, that's my excuse!!!

Reason number one is that I wanted to have an 'all red' pair.

Reason number two is because I wanted to try adding more beads over the button.  In the last pair there were 'two beads per picot over button' but in this pair I've added four to each one coming up through the button hole.  This makes this pair really shiny.  

Now ALL I've got to do is add the shepherd's crook findings and I'll be the smartest gal in town!!!!

Sorry, amend the last sentence as I'm well past my 'sell by' date and should've put old git instead of gal!

8 comments:

** jess! ** said...

I like how the extra beads look! :o)

TAT19540 said...

You are still a lass so you can be the sharpest looking lass on the block!
Nice earrings!

God's Kid said...

Really pretty earrings!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Well as you put it from old girl to another, those will shine with all the extra beads so much you will be blinding the competition in the town into submission, the old men won't know what's hit them

Margaret

Corina said...

No complaining here, I love earrings too. Pretty set you made here.

Ladytats said...

Those are pretty earrings Jane, and since sell by date is by no means the expiration date, you have a long way to go. a person of the female gender can be a gal no matter what age,
from dictionary.com.......
gal [gal] noun Informal .
a girl or woman.
Origin:
1785–95; orig. dial. pronunciation of girl

see..... it says girl or woman. so we are all gals, and from what this link says...
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/git
I don't think you are a git at all.

Susie said...

Have you seen some of the cute ones from "Tatted Jewelry"?

Jane Eborall said...

I have, Susie. Very pretty too.
Ladytats - thanks for the information - you are SO kind to go to all that trouble. Here in the UK they're changing things from 'sell by' to 'use by' so goodness knows where that'll leave me!!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.