2 April 2013

Jess's threads - another start


OK, so having abandoned the last idea here I decided to start with another pattern (slightly modified) and another colour for the contrast. I'm hoping that when I join this one to others (notice the missing bead on the second ring of the clover!) that I'll get an interesting pattern emerging from the negative space.
This was going to be my summer project but I've got a sneaky feeling that summer has been cancelled yet again this year as it's still very cold here.

The beads are gold glass ones which really sparkle.  I bought them in America and they're truly pretty.

6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the way you play with colors and beads! I know I've said it before... when I grow up, I want to be just like you!

Ladytats said...

That is going to look very good as a mat. There should be very interesting negative space. I like these colors better. But the pattern is a bit different.

Jane McLellan said...

So pretty! What happened to your post that showed four motifs in Jess thread? I saw it on 'the roll', but not on your blog?

God's Kid said...

That is awesome!!! I love the way the colors seem to "pop" right out so nice and bright!! :)

Fox said...

One of my very favourite patterns.
Fox : )

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

I'm eager to see the elements joined. The new visual effects created by putting motifs together are the attraction of using motifs. I otherwise prefer the ability to move from one round to another.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.