6 July 2013

Christmas baubles

Now I did use these for a few years on the Christmas tree.  

They are from a German book which I still have.  I really liked these at the time but they've been living in a battered old suitcase for many years and will probably never see the light of day again!!!

Originally I had glass baubles which they fitted on but after a few 'disasters' I found plastic ones which came apart so some of them have dangles in the middle too.  These are over twenty five years old.  Where does the time go?

4 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

They're lovely, a shame they won't grace a tree again!

Maureen said...

Twenty five years ago is another lifetime! - sometimes it's tempting to go for minimalist decorations. I have just about got to the point now where decorating the tree has become a chore - but I still do it, year after year, for the grandchildren!
I agree with Jane, the baubles are so pretty and still in such good condition that it seems a shame to keep them packed up.

Phyllis said...

Maybe a little glue and glitter would revive them. Perhaps family or Tat Days silent auction could revive them. They are to pretty not to be on a tree.

N. Maria said...

Ah, Jane...they would certainly grace my tree! They are beautiful!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.