28 September 2013

Chicken wing doily orange


While we were away last week I didn't expect to have an internet connection.  In fact I hadn't even enquired as to whether there was one anywhere near the apartment!!!  It was going to be a week of pure and simple relaxation with books and nothing else to do.  

Well, of course, I couldn't go away without some tatting could I?  I decided to make a chicken wing doily as these are relatively fast to make.  I've got two small tote bags - roughly six inches square that I want to 'jazz up' so these would be ideal to sew onto them.  When I get round to it, of course!!!

So, here's the first one.

Oh, we were in the apartment for about two hours before I 'discovered' a wifi connection from the pub next door.  As we have BT and 'allow' our hub at home to be a 'hot spot' (which, incidentally, is very safe) I downloaded the BT app onto our devices and we were both 'back in business' very quickly!!!!  Sad to say these two old gits can't last long without an internet connection!!!

5 comments:

Maureen said...

I was thinking more along the lines of how clever you'd been to stay right next door to a pub! I think you organised that very well.
Love the orange doily.

Phyllis said...

Nice bright doily. Colors are good together. Internet is like a cell phone. Almost can't go anywhere without it! How cleaver to discover a hot spot so you won't miss what is going on in Tatland.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Cute doily! I've had to drive 40 minutes to access a wifi hot spot when our Internet was down. No pubs close to us, I'm afraid. Just think of the fun I could have if I did have a pub nearby! ;-)

Madtatter80 said...

I like the color choice and, glad you could stay connected!

God's Kid said...

That looks so wonderful!!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.