25 October 2014

Hummingbird


Now this is something I've always wanted to do - make my own hummingbird!!!! I've never got round to it before because others have done such good ones and I knew I couldn't do better. 

However I finally thought I'd have a go when I saw a picture of a hummingbird here which was looking sort of upwards. I made mine slightly different though - just because I'd seen others that were more 'heads back'.

Yesterday I was messing around on Facebook which is something I don't allow myself time to do very often. I'm not a great lover of Facebook and usually just upload 'stuff' from my phone when I've been walking and quick links to the blog in the mornings. Well I was sitting at the main computer when I decided to go into my account to change the profile pictures. Don't know why but I was looking through the files and suddenly found this hummingbird so used one of the pictures to change the profile. I must admit I was amazed at the reaction over the following hours.  Seems that people quite like it.

I did this pattern months ago and then forgot about it as I got into preparations for my trip to America. I'll finish it off over the weekend and add it to my pattern pages as soon as I can.

9 comments:

Maureen said...

Now I can see the hummingbird! - but it would make a good angel too! Lovely design.

Margaret said...

Best hummingbird. You have out done yourself!. Look forward to the pattern being up.

Unknown said...

I also see an angel in that hummingbird. This hummingbird is Heaven sent.

Tally Tatty said...

Lovely hummingbird in real life colors! Love it!

Madtatter80 said...

Very nice and who dosen't love hummingbirds! And they are so little this could be actual size :)

God's Kid said...

Oh is that a wonderful hummingbird!! :)

tatlyn said...

Absolutely beautiful design! I can see this little bird in flight. I am looking forward to the pattern :) .

Batty Tatter said...

That is very pretty and I can see the angel design there too. Can't wait to see the pattern. Thanks Jane.

Unknown said...

THANKS Jane!!! I am really looking forward to the pattern being uploaded as well.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.