24 February 2015

Making new friends



One of the reasons I love living in this town is because people come here! 

Katte and Darla are in England at the moment taking in as many of the sights as they can fit in during a two week stay.  Fortunately they came through town yesterday and we had a lovely day walking around the sights.  Shame they brought a really cold wind with them but at least they left the rain down in Portsmouth!!!

So, when we got to the theatre and had a cuppa and a bite to eat it was then time to talk tatting.  We highjacked a table and got our goodies out.  Well, they did but I left home in such a rush I'd got nothing with me except what is always in my handbag.

I must say I was very impressed with Katte's tools that she's invented and shared and will tell and show you those another day. Meantime I've managed to scan two shuttles they gave me. The one is made of leather and the other is hand painted bone. It's SOOOO delicate that the lady who does them has to use a magnifying glass.  

You can see the two tourists doing 'touristy things' and taking photos of the Birthplace.  Bless their cotton socks.  OR in Darla's case - hand knitted socks!!!

Great day and thank you both for 'popping in' to my town and getting in touch.



10 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, such pretty shuttles. You're an excellent guide, I know from experience!

Maureen said...

Beautiful shuttles! - you should have a badge declaring that you are Stratford's best Unofficial Tour Guide!

Pigmini said...

Ooooh... (drool) Lucky old you!!! They are just SUPERB!!! Wouldn't we all like to own them!!!! Well I would! Great 'meeting' other tatters too!! I'm jealous!! VBG

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful shuttles! Every time I see such creativity, I know that collecting shuttles is something I will keep on doing. By the way, I especially like the blue one... bet you didn't know that! ;-)

Anonymous said...

So fun to be able to spend time together and share a love of tatting

Shelly

victats@gmail.com said...

Lovely shuttles! I'm sure your a great tour guide!

Virginia said...

Yay! Katte and Darla came to see me too, in Bath :) And they taught me how to tat! I'm delighted to have been presented with a 'Colorado Friends 2015' shuttle as well. It feels so lovely in my hand. You're welcome to visit me if you're ever in the area, Jane! Any friend of Katte and Darla's :)

Jane Eborall said...

Ooooooh, I'll bear your kind invitation in mind when I next go to Bath Virginia. Thanks.

God's Kid said...

Very beautiful shuttles!!! :)

Sally Kerson said...

One day I hope to be in S-on-A when other tatters call by then we can share their company. Great shuttles

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.