30 April 2015

Another good reason!


Another good reason for trying other threads!!!  Right. Here's another of the squares!!! 

The top picture shows one done in ordinary cotton thread size 20 and the one below is done using Edda's Penny size 20. That's the one I showed you yesterday.

Now the third picture shows them together - one on top of the other and neither of these have been ironed so you can see how they are exactly the same size. Well, probably you don't think they are but I assure you that they are!!! I did fight them on the scanner as they wouldn't keep still!!!

So, here's the link to the pattern which can be worked with or without a SSSR. If worked with the SSSR (and hiding one colour) it can be worked in one 'hit'. Just my sorta pattern. I really can't be doing with hiding hundreds of ends.




12 comments:

Maureen said...

Interesting to see them together - the Penny square does look a little smaller, but I'll take your word for it that it's the same size! Is it hard to work with? - Does it cut into your fingers, being a synthetic? I really must not be tempted, I have Too Much Thread as it is.....

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I keep telling myself that I need to use up my thread stash before purchasing any more, but you're really tempting me with photos of motifs done up in Edda's threads!

Fox said...

Once I saw it, I cannot see anything else... Look in each corner. There is a man with his arms in the air, wearing nothing, NOTHING, but a disgusting Speedo swim suit!

I have a 3:00 appointment with my therapist.

muskaan said...

Thanks for sharing the pattern, Jane :-)
I think I like this version Better than the earlier one -- this one has a nice rounded/curved effect as against the more pointed look of the original one. More like domes ....
And I can see angels/puppet dolls in the corners !!!

God's Kid said...

They both look wonderful!! :)

Madtatter80 said...

Wow nice elegant work, thank you for the pattern!

Jane Eborall said...

Not hard to work with but a bit 'different'!!! It didn't cut into my fingers but then I'm a tough old cookie!!!

Jane Eborall said...

Hmmmm, Fox, I think you ought to get a life away from men!!!! BUT now you mention it - yes it does!!! That's sooooo funny.

Jane Eborall said...

Better than what Fox could see in the corners, muskaan!!!

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, God's Kid and Madtatter80.

Maureen said...

The Budgie-Smuggling Square, thanks Fox -!!! - someone should make one to send to our Prime Minister..... Oh dear, now that I have found the little waving man, I can't unsee him.

Fox said...

: )

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.