13 August 2015

Shuttle comparisons


I showed you the shuttle on the left which is one of this batch that I won on Ebay recently.

The one on the right was given to me by a lady who lived in a beautiful thatched cottage opposite Shottery church (not that far from Anne Hathaway's cottage). I was about 14 when it was given to me as a new tatter. I never did find out if Mrs Wildig was a tatter or not but this little beauty has been with me ever since and won't be going anywhere else - not in a hurry, anyway.

It's interesting to see them both together. Slightly different in design and in size.

6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

But remarkably similar. That was a lovely gift for a young tatter, whether she was a tatter or not.

Madtatter80 said...

They are beautiful Jane and it is very interesting to see the size and difference of what seems to be the same style shuttle shuttle. I don't have a book on just shuttles, but wonder if you know about when they where made? I too just got one on E-bay. You could put it up there with those because it is slightly different (arrangement of flowers), I guess they were hand made :)

Pigmini said...

This probably means that they were hand made by an individual rather than mass produced in a factory!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The are beautiful shuttles! I sometimes see similar ones on eBay, but I've not been lucky enough to win one yet. Some day...

linb54 said...

Lovely shuttles! Are they resin or wood? What a lucky Lady you are.

Unknown said...

These are so beautiful! I am still trying to find one for my own,

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.