12 October 2015

Fringe tatting weekend

Well that was a BLAST. It was strange meeting people I'd known about from the UK in a 'foreign country' although that's happened to me before. Two ladies I'd not met before - great meeting you, Linda and Heather. 

The venue was great - a Best Western Hotel. I LOVE those places as they have a DIY waffle maker which is a 'toy' I love to play with!!!  Breakfast was fun!

I took a Judith Connors class first of all and then I was teaching the rest of the time. LOVE Judith's sense of humour - more about her later.

I did worry a bit when Karey Solomon accused me of being 'evil' while she was in my class but she was laughing at the time! Karey - I'll take that as a compliment!!!  I told myself before leaving England that I wasn't going to buy anymore threads but I couldn't pass Karey's stall without getting more!!  I think SHE'S the evil one - putting temptation in my way!!!

Also at the event were three Danish ladies - one of whom was Lene Bjorn who I was so pleased to meet. Between you and me - she was showing us the patterns she's working on for a new book. That's going to be a 'must buy' I can tell you.

Georgia conducted an auction and in the few seconds before it started I agreed to be sold!!!  Well, me and the picture of the geese that I took to Canada even though the darn things are still residing in town!!!  I can't remember what they 'got' for me but I know I met a delightful lady who bought me for an hour.  Spent the time teaching her how to do the SCMR.  

I didn't get many pictures during the event as I was supposed to be teaching!!!   If anybody's thinking of going to the Fringe Element Tat Days next year then stop thinking and DO IT. Here's their web site so you can keep a look out.

The geese I took back to Canada!

A view of the room before things started - look at the raffle prizes and more to come the next day too!
 Making waffles!

11 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

A splendid goose that won't produce piles of you-know-what, we can all live with that!

Jane Eborall said...

I agree wholeheartedly, Jane!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Well, if I'm going to make it there, I guess I'd better start saving my pennies. I'm determined to attend Palmetto Tat Days next year, and they're in different directions!

Jane Eborall said...

Ah, but a few weeks apart, Diane!

God's Kid said...

Great goose!! :)

linb54 said...

it's good to see your goose closeup! will we by any chance seeing a Canadian goose pattern in the future? ;) I sure hope so.

linb54 said...

ignore that about the pattern, just found your goose!

Jane Eborall said...

It's been on my site for a long time, linb54!!!! Just put 'goose' into the search box on my home page!!! I just 'fiddled' with the colours!

Elizabeth said...

Love the goose. Sounds like you had a great time. I think I have to tat me a goose.

Bernice said...

I agree Jane, so much fun at the tatting weekend. If you haven't been to one, save your pennies and go. How much trouble can a room full of tatters be? :)

Jeff Hamilton said...

I really need to go to one of these tatting weekends/conventions. They sound and look like so much fun.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.