4 April 2016

Branching out with baubles


Are you getting bored with baubles? Sorry if you are but I'm still addicted to them so you're just going to have to 'suffer'!!! 

I decided that it was about time I started on a 'good idea' that's been lurking with BC3 for some time!!! This 'good idea' needs the bauble bells to be made in silver and gold thread. I'd never got on too well with metallic threads until I bought some Altin Basak - Nakis Simi many years ago from Tatting and Design. They still have that thread and the link above takes you to the page. All you have to do is go to the bottom to find it. 

I've used it oodles of times and still have oodles left on the cones I bought. I think this is the best value I've ever had for thread. It tats up like a dream and is as tough as you could ever wish.

The thread is used in the bells at the bottom.  





5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Gorgeous in gold!

Maureen said...

These are wonderful for Christmas! - and you are lucky to have your stash of gold, it says that gold is no longer available.

Jane Eborall said...

Oh that's a shame - I love that thread. Thankfully I've still got lots!!!

God's Kid said...

Wonderful bells!!! :)

Madtatter80 said...

I would put this on the little doll I just made. I would be a great fairy hat too!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.