7 April 2016

Why?

Even though I haven't finished the doily I'm working on in greens I've started another one - in pinks and browns!!! Again I'm using size 40 thread.  Just love to sit and make things without writing it down and agonising over stitch counts and 'possibilities' as I go along!!!  

I will get round to putting the pattern up on my site soon but I've been sidetracked once more by a new hobby. I'm hoping to show you - starting tomorrow. 

This is something that is taking me waaaay out of my comfort zone but thanks to my dear Canadian friend - I am now getting 'sorted' and am getting to that stage when you say to yourself 'why have I never tried this before'?

More tomorrow.


5 comments:

Martha said...

Oooh, I like pink and brown.

Maureen said...

That's your colour scheme! - I'm loving this doily, in all it's incarnations. Can't wait to see what your new hobby is - I wonder if it is still thread-related.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I do love your pink and brown combo! Did Kelly start you with needle tatting?

Jane Eborall said...

Me? Needle tatting? No WAY. Tried it when it was first invented in the 1970's and again a few years ago and couldn't get it to look anything like real tatting. I did get Kelly to try the shuttle but will have to go back again to help her!

God's Kid said...

Another great start!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.