15 March 2017

Another change of scenery!

Yesterday I decided to tackle another task which I've been wanting to 'play' with for a while. It was this or another 'session' digging dandelions out of the garden!!!!

I have a good friend who sews so very, very beautifully. She's had a bad time lately with life in an utter upheaval and while I was visiting her she suddenly asked if I wanted any fabric. Well, you know me and my love of bags - craft bags in particular. I obviously said 'yes please' so she gave me an assortment of Japanese themed fabric. 

They are absolutely GORGEOUS but no use for the small craft bags as the prints are too large. So, decisions, decisions. I decided the best use would be for shopping/tote bags. Simple ones with a largish gusset in the bottom and not too long straps. The sort you can put things in at the supermarket and then lift EASILY out of the trolley into the car or just use around the home to 'put things in'!!!!

Here are the first two.


11 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Ooh, I really LOVE those! Fantastic use of the fabric.

Pigmini said...

They are beautiful... but if I were offering a forever home to any it would be 2 or 3!! LOL

See.... I am around!! VBG

Tim Kaylor said...

Those are gorgeous!! I bet they would sell.

Tim Kaylor said...

I agree, especially 3!

Michelle said...

I hope here will end up in your etsy shop!

Madtatter80 said...

Wonderful bags🌹💟🌹

Elizabeth said...

The bags are beautiful. Love that fabric.

Mary C said...

Beautiful. Great use of the fabric.

God's Kid said...

Fantastic bags!!! :)

Małgoś 13 said...

Piękna torba.

Bernice said...

Wow, lovely prints. Too nice for a shopping bag.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.