8 September 2017

A sad Rachel

Now this little mat makes me sad. It's a very pretty one and I used HWT. 

The reason for it making me sad is that this is the last thing I can make with some lovely thread. It's a spool of Perfect Quilter which I was given, many years ago, by Gina Brummett. 

She gave it to me when we spent a day together in Cincinnati. That day was spent with her showing me her beautiful work and folders that she kept. Lovely memories but I'm sorry to see this spool go and so, so sad that Gina died so very young. Miss you, Gina.

I'm hoping to find more Perfect Quilter when I get to Canada - who knows. NOT necessarily this colour but I do love the thread and it goes so well with small sizes of 60, 70 or 80 when making HWT.

10 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

On the brighter side, you can think of Gina when you see the beautiful motif.

Maureen said...

I think that Perfect Quilter is discontinued, sadly- at least it is here. I remember we all to an email from the Australian supplier years ago, to that effect, and a Jenni Clark bought just about every colour that was left! Good luck with your hunt all the same

Jane Eborall said...

That's true, Jane and I will.
Bad news, Maureen but I'll ask my Canadian friends if they know about it. It's got a great texture to it which makes it sort of 'grip' other threads when doing HWT.

Memé said...

I remember Gina also. She was so Kindly.
And it's true. You can remember her, with that lovely motif.

Ladytats said...

I learned a lot about Tatting from Gina. She was very generous with her knowledge just as you are. I always say that Tatters are awesome people. I miss her as well and celebrate her when I tat her patterns

linb54 said...

Perfect quilter I believe is for sale still on the Internet. I know I saw it about a year ago. Superior Threads co. Try there. Good luck.

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, Linb54. I'll start on a hunt!!!

God's Kid said...

Gorgeous!! :) Looks like a rose garden!! :)

Ginny W said...

I have some you need to come and see me to get it!

Jane Eborall said...

There's a kind offer, Ginny W. Will you be at the Fringe this year?

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.