23 October 2017

Candles


The other day I had a lovely message from Kay who had found my little candle pattern on my site. Oh, before I forget - here's the link. Oh, here's another link for you too - for the larger candle!!! 

Now these must have been some of my first patterns onto the internet (I think the owl family was the first) as the candles don't have a date on them. It must've been in the 'early' days of this wonderful invention called the WWW when dates just didn't matter and I was a lot younger and more innocent!!!

Anyway, I digress. I am showing you her candle today as I'm most impressed at her creativity in finding a solution to not having the right sized ring available. I used brass curtain rings when I was doing them but Kay didn't have enough of the right size of .......... Let her tell you!!! This is part of her message to me. 

"Each year for Christmas, I try a pattern or two (of yours) and tuck a few tatted ornaments in Christmas packages as gifts. Some of my friends/ relatives LOVE those more than anything else. This year I really wanted to try your little Christmas candle, but didn't have enough of the little rings in the proper size.....so my "pack rat" tendencies came in handy. I've been saving the plastic pop off tops from 1/2 gallon size milk containers, hoping I'd find a use for them at some point. Guess what? When I cut the ring off, it's just the perfect size for your little candle ornament. I'm delighted. :-) Thought you might get a kick out of this."


10 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I like it, upcycling at its best!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very clever! ...and to think I've been throwing those plastic rings away.

God's Kid said...

Those are great!! :)

Crazy Mom! said...

I have a kind of a candle pattern.....

Jane Eborall said...

Tell us more, Crazy Mom. Tell us more!

Sewicked said...

Well done, Kay

Crazy Mom! said...

Shall I POST my pattern? You have one of the "candles" I made....

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, now I remember your candle, Crazy Mom!!! NO, please don't post your candle anywhere!!!! I've still got mine but it's safely 'hidden'!!

Bernice said...

What a great idea for a ring, I just throw them away, but now they will find new homes. :)

Bernice said...

What a great idea for a ring, I just throw them away, but now they will find new homes. :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.